THE EMPEROR OF TOURISM: The Romans Reign Supreme as Winners of the Liverpool Independent Tourism Business of the Year 2022!
Salve! Loyal subjects of Rome! The buzz of our Roman-themed activity park echoes far and wide, for we have emerged victorious at this year’s Liverpool Tourism Awards, receiving the esteemed Independent Tourism Business of the Year award! Our 75,000 square foot park, hidden deep within a secret wooded location, is a wondrous spectacle of sustainability, […]
1. The Roman Breathalyser Roman spouses kissed their wives on the mouth at the end of the day. But, instead of doing it to show their unconditional love they were checking their partner’s breath to see if they had been sitting around drinking all day. This practise still exists today in Liverpool. 2. Ancient Celebrities […]
1. Gladiator Blood When a woman in ancient Rome was having trouble having a child, the doctor would prescribe gladiator blood to increase fertility. Gladiator Blood was used for a number of other medical problems in ancient Rome. 2. No Toilet Paper No Problem At the start of The Antonine Plague of 165 there was […]
1. Valerian – Death by Molten Gold Valerian’s death was grim mate; after going toe to toe with Persian King Shapur in a gruesome battle and coming off second best, he was then captured and forced to swallow molten gold down his throat, I can’t even stomach pineapple on a pizza. 2. Jovian – Death […]
1. Caligula had a love/hate relationship with Horses Like me on Grand National weekend. His own horse Incitatus was treated lavishly, he had his own house and his own ivory manger. But he also poisoned his rivals’ horses in competitions so swings and roundabouts mate. 2. Caligula wasn’t known for his sportsmanship During a mock […]
1. He would force people to listen to his music He would trap people in theatres and make them listen to his music. Now we know where Bono got his idea from to put all those tunes on people’s iphones. He would put on incredibly long performances, lock people in, and force them to clap. […]